MCR2030 Dashboard Guide
Step-by-step guide for Local Governments
Joining MCR2030 is fast and easy. All sub-national local governments are invited and encouraged to join.
Take the stage assessment Go to MCR2030 Dashboard
See other guides
Overview of the MCR2030 sign-up steps
A. Taking the stage assessment and preparing letter of commitment
1. Take the stage assessment to find out whether your city is at Stage A, B or C:
- Go to the MCR2030 website and take the stage assessment at https://mcr2030.undrr.org/resilience-roadmap/stage-assessment
- Simple questions, yes/no answers
- Upon completing the stage assessment, you will be directed to the result page
- Questions are available in many non-English languages
2. Download the letter of commitment template and have it signed by your mayor
- Only cities participated in the MCR Campaign (2010 to 2020) are not required to have the letter of commitment
- Cities certified with ISO37123 can use the ISO37123 certification in lieu of the letter of commitment.
B. Create the PreventionWeb Account
1. Decide who from your office will create the dashboard account for your city
- This can be anyone from your government office
- This person will be responsible for creating the city account on the dashboard
- This person will, by default, have the dashboard administrative role for your city and will be able to add more team members later once the dashboard account is created
- All team members can help to edit the city profile, search for participating entities and services, and use all other features of the dashboard (See dashboard ‘how-to manage team’ guide for details)
If someone from your local government has already signed up, please coordinate with the person to get access to the dashboard.
Do not sign up again as this will create a duplicate profile
2. Create a PreventionWeb Account
- Go to https://www.preventionweb.net/user/register and click ‘Register’
- PreventionWeb is a global knowledge sharing platform for disaster risk reduction and resilience. You can use the same PreventionWeb account to access all UNDRR-related portals
- If you already have the PreventionWeb account, please proceed to creating the dashboard account
- Fill in your information, check the box ‘I’m not a robot’, then click ‘Create New Account’
- If successful, the system will send further instructions to your email address
- Check your mailbox, then click the link in your email to set up your PreventionWeb password and activate your account
- Check your spam mailbox as well
- There might be a delay in receiving the confirmation email from PreventionWeb. If you experience this problem, please contact MCR2030email@example.com
- Click ‘Log in’ to proceed
Complete your account details
- Set up your password and ‘save’
Password must be:
- At least 12 characters
- With uppercase letters
- With lowercase letters
- With numbers
- With punctuation marks
- Password cannot contain words that can be found in dictionaries of any languages or based on simple patterns such as “aaabbb”, “qwerty”, “zyxwvuts”, “123321”, etc.
If successful, the system will show that the user has been registered successfully. Now you are ready to move to next steps.
C. Creating the MCR2030 dashboard account for your city
1. Visit the MCR2030 dashboard at: https://mcr2030dashboard.undrr.org/
You can view the MCR2030 dashboard in other language by clicking the language drop down option in the top right-hand corner. More languages will be added.
2. Select ‘Local Government’ from the dropdown under ‘I would like to join MCR2030 as a... ’
3. Select ‘Next’
4. Confirm if anyone from your government already signed up to MCR2030 on behalf of your city (Yes/No).
- If ‘Yes’ - you will not be able to proceed. (If someone from your government has already signed up, please coordinate with the person to get access to the dashboard. Do not sign up again as this will create a duplicate profile).
- If ‘No’ - continue with next steps
5. Select ‘Let’s get ready’ to proceed.
- If you select ‘No’, you will be able to proceed to next steps.
- A reminder to take the stage assessment and prepare a letter of commitment will appear
6. Login with your PreventionWeb account
Use your PreventionWeb credentials to log in
- If you don’t yet have the PreventionWeb account, see instruction on how to register in previous section
- If you are not automatically redirected to the MCR2030 dashboard, please manually enter this dashboard URL to get reconnected → https://mcr2030dashboard.undrr.org/
7. After successfully login to your PreventionWeb account, an Authorization Request window from PreventionWeb will pop up.
Select ‘Authorize’, allowing MCR2030 dashboard access.
(You may also be automatically redirected to the dashboard).
8. Fill in the basic information of your city profile in English
- This section is called ‘City Basics’. You will be asked to provide more information in the ‘City Details’ section later.
- Complete the information in the order of appearance otherwise it may result in an error that blocks you from completing the sign-up
- Please enter details in English for easier browsing by other dashboard users. You can enter the text in your local language in another section
8.1 About your local government
From the drop-down menus:
- Select the country in which your city is based [REQUIRED]
- Select your state / province (the list depends on the country selected) [REQUIRED]
- Select the name of your local government (the list depends on the state selected) [REQUIRED]
- If your state/province or the name of local government is not appearing on the list, select ‘Not in the list’, and manually enter the name in the blank box
- Answer the questions in order: Select Country → State/Province → City
- Select Yes/No: Were you a previous participant of the MCR Campaign 2010-2020? [REQUIRED]
- Insert the current population of your town in numbers only [REQUIRED]
8.2 Your progress so far
- Select Yes/No: Has your city been certified with ISO37123? [Required]
- Select the stage that your government is at [Required]
Find out your city stage by taking the stage assessment at https://mcr2030.undrr.org/resilience-roadmap/stage-assessment
8.3 Your commitment to resilience
- Upload the letter of commitment from your mayor [REQUIRED]
- Complete the name and job title of the person that signed the letter [REQUIRED]
- After completing all basic information, click ‘Proceed to review’
- Only cities participated in the MCR Campaign (2010 to 2020) are not required to upload the letter of commitment
- Cities certified with ISO37123 can use the ISO37123 certification in lieu of the letter of commitment
- See section A for more details
9. Review the details you have entered.
9.1 If you want to make any change, click ‘edit my details’
9.2 If you confirm the details
- Then click ‘Join’.
You did it!
Your local government is now an MCR2030 city and can access useful tools and resources to help improve your city resilience.
D. Completing the city detailed profile
Why completing the city details is necessary?
- This section is called ‘City Details’. It allows cities to provide more information about the city and what support the city is looking for.
- Providing your city details help participating entities understand what your city needs are and increase a chance that participating entities can find and work with your city. At the same time, it helps increase your chance to locate the right participating entities and services that match your needs
1. City Description - Fill in the detailed information of your city profile
- Describe the organization’s efforts and approach to resilience [REQUIRED]
- Describe the organization’s efforts and approach to resilience in a language of your choice (e.g., your local language)
- Insert your organization’s second official name (e.g., in your local language, if there is any)
- Upload your organization logo
2. Organization Multi-Hazard approach
3. Once completed, select ‘Save organization profile’
- If you would like to edit the organization details, go to ‘manage organization profile’ in the left menu bar and select ‘organization details’
I need more information.
How do I get in touch with MCR2030?
If you have difficulty in the registration process or a question that has not been answered above, please contact the MCR2030 secretariat relevant to your region.