You can now vote for the 'Voices of the Community' video contest!
MCR2030-AMC announces a short video contest 'Voices of the Community in the Americas and the Caribbean - Getting Ready for a Resilient Future', where local voices can tell a story, share ideas, practices, and experiences of their community in the theme of disaster risk reduction and resilience. Winner videos will be featured and credited across the Americas and the Caribbean in UNDRR’s VII Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction for the Americas and the Caribbean(RP21)
MCR2030 is a unique cross-stakeholder initiative for improving local resilience through advocacy, sharing knowledge and experiences, establishing mutually reinforcing city-to-city learning networks, injecting technical expertise, connecting multiple layers of government, and building partnerships.
Deadline for submissions is extended to October 15th, 2021!
You can now watch the contest entries on the UNDRR YouTube channel and vote for your favorite video for the ‘People’s Choice’ category!
Who can Participate?
All persons who are over 18 years of age can apply as individuals or a group in one of the two categories:
- Youth - participants and groups between 18 to 30 years of age.
- Community Practices - Community Organizations, NGOs, Private Sector, or anyone who has a story to tell.
- The video must answer one of the following questions: How has disaster risk reduction, resilience and climate adaptation improved in your community? or how can it be improved? How would you talk about disaster risk, resilience, and climate adaptation with your community?
- The videos must not exceed 3 minutes.
- The videos can be sent in one of the following languages: Spanish, Portuguese, English.
How to submit?
- Upload your video to YouTube using the hashtags #mcr2030 and #VoicesOfTheCommunity .
- Fill out the submission form and share the link to your video via: https://forms.gle/xuxT7iNBkUtmcJVGA
- Deadline for submissions is October 15th 2021 at 09:59 pm EST (GMT-5). Late submissions will not be accepted.
Evaluation and Selection
- The jury panel will be formed of 4 experts on urban resilience and climate action.
- A winner video will be selected for each of the 2 categories: Youth and Community Practices.
- Winners will be announced on October 25th.
- The winner videos will be featured and credited in UNDRR’s VII Regional Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction for the Americas and the Caribbean on November 01-04, 2021.
- An additional category of ‘People’s Choice’ will be nominated according to popular vote, by “like”, on UNDRR's YouTube channel.
Looking forward to your participation!
Additional information in the flyers.