[MCR2030-UNDRR-CBI] The Power of Resilience: Developing Local Sustainable Finance
Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI) has joined the programme Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030), a 10-year long initiative to strengthen the resilience of cities around the world.
This webinar brings together the main organisations supporting cities and municipalities around the world, as well as partners of the MCR2030. We will discuss how the challenges and opportunities for cities to become greener are impacted by the pandemic, and how resilience can set the tone and pace of developing sustainable finance.
- Opening Remarks: Sanjaya Bhatia, Head of Office UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR) Global Education and Training Institute (GETI)
- Moderator: Sean Kidney, CEO, Climate Bonds Initiative
- Emani Kumar, Deputy Secretary General, ICLEI and Executive Director, ICLEI South Asia
- Émilie Maehara, Deputy Executive Director of the Global Fund for Cities Development (FMDV), UCLG
- Idan Sasson, Project Coordinator at Climate Policy Initiative, Leadership for Urban Climate Investment (LUCI), CCFLA
- Aditya Bahadur, Research Associate, Global Risks and Resilience, ODI
- Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI)
- UNDRR Global Education and Training Institute (GETI)
- Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030)
Date & Time
Date: 7 October 2021 (Wed)
Time: 10:30 London | 11:30 Geneva/Cairo | 12:30 Nairobi | 16:30 Bangkok | 17:30 Beijing | 18:30 Incheon
Duration: 1.5 hours
About Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI)
The Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI) role is in outreach to inform and stimulate the market, working closely with core stakeholders through market and policy research, offering a partnership program with governments, investors and issuers offering support through capacity-building and other activities. CBI's work involves:
- supporting governments and corporates to develop sustainable finance strategies and plans aligning policy with industry innovation and institutional finance towards the transition to low carbon and climate-resilient economy
- providing market data and intelligence and market development analysis
- supplying assurance mechanisms for investors raising the integrity and credibility on the new debt instruments that support climate change
For the last decade, CBI has been a world’s leading organization working to mobilize the largest capital market of all, the USD100 trillion global bond market, for climate change solutions.
About the UNDRR Global Education and Training Institute (UNDRR GETI):
UNDRR GETI was established in 2010 to develop a new cadre of professionals in disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation to build disaster resilient societies.
GETI has a global mandate to provide capacity building support to mainstream disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation into sustainable development; convene and support inter-city learning to strengthen resilience (Making Cities Resilient); and to provide capacity building and best practice sharing support to national training institutions working on resilience issues.
Based in Incheon, the Republic of Korea, UNDRR GETI is also the global secretariat of the Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030).
About the Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030):
Making Cities Resilient 2030 (MCR2030) is a unique cross-stakeholder initiative for improving local resilience through advocacy, sharing knowledge and experiences, establishing mutually reinforcing city-to-city learning networks, injecting technical expertise, connecting multiple layers of government and building partnerships.
Through delivering a clear 3-stage roadmap to urban resilience, providing tools, access to knowledge and monitoring and reporting tools, MCR2030 will support cities on their journey to reduce risk and build resilience.
MCR2030 aims to ensure cities become inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable by 2030, contributing directly to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 11 (SDG11) “Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable”, and other global frameworks including the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction, the Paris Agreement and the New Urban Agenda. Visit mcr2030.undrr.org for more information.
For more information:
- MCR2030 Global Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org